Optical and Quantum Electronics provides an international forum for the publication of original research papers, tutorial reviews and letters in such fields as optical physics, optical engineering and optoelectronics. Special issues are published on topics of current interest.
Optical and Quantum Electronics is published monthly. It is concerned with the technology and physics of optical systems, components and devices, i.e., with topics such as: optical fibres; semiconductor lasers and LEDs; light detection and imaging devices; nanophotonics; photonic integration and optoelectronic integrated circuits; silicon photonics; displays; optical communications from devices to systems; materials for photonics (e.g. semiconductors, glasses, graphene); the physics and simulation of optical devices and systems; nanotechnologies in photonics (including engineered nano-structures such as photonic crystals, sub-wavelength photonic structures, metamaterials, and plasmonics); advanced quantum and optoelectronic applications (e.g. quantum computing, memory and communications, quantum sensing and quantum dots); photonic sensors and bio-sensors; Terahertz phenomena; non-linear optics and ultrafast phenomena; green photonics.
Special issues are published on topics of current interest.
- An international forum for original research papers, tutorial reviews and letters in optical physics, optical engineering and optoelectronics
- Coverage includes solid state and gas lasers, optical communication systems, fibres and planar waveguides, non-linear optics, ultra-fast phenomena, optical storage, photonic switching and more
- Special issues focus on topics of current interest
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Executive Editor
- Eugene Avrutin,
- Weida Hu,
- Joachim Piprek,
- Bouchta Sahraoui,
- Xuelin Yang,
- Salah Obayya
- Daoxin Dai,
- Trevor M. Benson,
- Marian Marciniak
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.084 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 1.625 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 86 days
- Submission to first decision
- 168 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 195,091 (2020)
Spin–orbit coupling effect on electronic, linear and nonlinear optical properties of Bi2S3 and the ternary bismuth sulfide Bi2S2.75Se0.25: Ab-initio calculations
Impact Factor for 2020 has been released, OQEL increased from 1.842 to 2.084!
This collection presents articles published in Optical and Quantum Electronics from 2020 onwards related to UN Sustainable Development Goal 7 - Affordable and Clean Energy: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy.
We are pleased to announce that Professor Daoxin Dai (Zhejiang University, Zijingang, Hangzhou, China) has been appointed Editor-in-Chief of Optical & Quantum Electronics, joining the two current Editors-in-Chief, Prof. Trevor Benson and Prof. Marian Marciniak in leading the journal.
Call for Papers: Quantum technology, Quantum walks and quantum image processing: Emerging Trends, Issues and Challenges
Quantum computation is a rapidly growing field and lots of breakthroughs have been achieved during the past decades. Quantum computation is transitioning from an emerging branch of science into a mature research field in science and engineering.
In this SI, authors present theoretical and fundamental research on the potential and limitations of quantum technology and quantum image processing, and explore how to achieve secure communication and image processing in the presence of quantum technologies.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents Collections / Electronics & Telecommunications Collection
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG