This journal is devoted to semantics and its interfaces in grammar, especially syntax. It encourages the convergence of approaches employing the concepts of logic and philosophy with perspectives of generative grammar on the relations between meaning and structure.
Natural Language Semantics publishes studies focused on linguistic phenomena, including quantification, negation, modality, genericity, tense, aspect, aktionsarten, focus, presuppositions, anaphora, definiteness, plurals, mass nouns, adjectives, adverbial modification, nominalization, ellipsis, and interrogatives. The journal features mainly research articles, but also short squibs as well as remarks on and replies to pertinent books and articles.
- Devoted to semantics and its interfaces in grammar, especially syntax.
- Encourages the convergence of approaches employing the concepts of logic and philosophy with perspectives of generative grammar on the relations between meaning and structure.
- Publishes studies focused on linguistic phenomena.
- Presents research articles, short squibs as well as remarks on and replies to pertinent books and articles.
- Irene Heim,
- Angelika Kratzer
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.150 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.673 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 59 days
- Submission to first decision
- 404 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 17,159 (2020)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
The journal follows a double-blind reviewing procedure.
Where possible, all examples from languages not using the Latin alphabet, in particular all East Asian languages, should be transliterated using an accepted system of transliteration.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Humanities International
- EBSCO Humanities Source
- EBSCO Linguistics Abstracts Online
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)