Mycopathologia is an official journal of the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS). Mycopathologia was founded in 1938 with the mission to ‘diffuse the understanding of fungal diseases in man and animals among mycologists’. Many of the milestones discoveries in the field of medical mycology have been communicated through the pages of this journal. Mycopathologia covers a diverse, interdisciplinary range of topics that is unique in breadth and depth. The journal publishes peer-reviewed, original articles highlighting important developments concerning medically important fungi and fungal diseases. The journal highlights important developments in fungal systematics and taxonomy, laboratory diagnosis of fungal infections, antifungal drugs, clinical presentation and treatment, and epidemiology of fungal diseases globally. Timely opinion articles, mini-reviews, and other communications are usually invited at the discretion of the editorial board. Unique case reports highlighting unprecedented progress in the diagnosis and treatment of fungal infections, are published in every issue of the journal. MycopathologiaIMAGE is another regular feature for a brief clinical report of potential interest to a mixed audience of physicians and laboratory scientists. MycopathologiaGENOME is designed for the rapid publication of new genomes of human and animal pathogenic fungi using a checklist-based, standardized format.
The Editor-in-Chief is Vishnu Chaturvedi (New York State Department of Health, University of Albany School of Public Health, Albany, NY, USA) and the Executive Editors are Jean-Philippe Bouchara (Université d'Angers, Angers, France), Sanjay H. Chotirmall (Singapore), Ferry Hagen (Westerdijk Institute, Utrecht, The Netherlands).
- International journal founded in 1938
- Covers a broad range of topics of interest to medical mycologists, practicing physicians, clinical microbiologists, pharmaceutical and biotech industry scientists
- 97% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Vishnu Chaturvedi
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.278 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.945 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 40 days
- Acceptance to publication: 17 days
- Downloads: 114,644 (2018)