Call for Papers: Advances in Mobile, Edge and Cloud Computing
Emerging mobile applications exhibit heterogeneous requirements on the computing power, communication bandwidth, security and privacy. Given the restriction on the computing capability on battery-operated mobile devices, a variety of offloading techniques have been designed to leverage the abundant computing resources available on cloud servers. Mobile Cloud Computing provides enormous computing and storage resources for mobile applications that can tolerate a certain level of network delay, while Mobile Edge Computing offers an intelligent platform to enhance mobile devices' capabilities and improve the Quality of Service of mobile applications. Both Mobile Cloud Computing and Mobile Edge Computing are key enabling paradigms for emerging mobile applications in Internet of Things (IoT), smart grids, robotics, crowd sensing, etc. New research challenges arise due to the heterogeneity of computing and network resources across the mobile devices, edge servers, and remote data centers. This special issue aims to address the challenges in resource planning and management, scheduling, networking, security and privacy in mobile edge and cloud computing.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following scope:
- Machine learning for mobile networks & applications
- Mobile crowd sensing
- Mobile edge computing
- Quality of service (QoS) provisioning
- Security and privacy in mobile networks
- Single processing
- Cloud computing
- Datacenter networks
- Intelligent systems and applications
Important Dates (tentative)
- Manuscript submission deadline: March 20, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: April 20, 2020
- Submission of final revised paper: May 5, 2020
- Publication of special issue: Tentative
Authors should follow the MONET Journal manuscript format described at the journal site. Manuscripts should be submitted on-line through http://www.editorialmanager.com/mone/.
A copy of the manuscript should also be emailed to the Guest Editors at the following email address(es): email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
- Xiaowen Chu, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, China
- Hongbo Jiang, Hunan University, China
- Bo Li, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
- Dan Wang, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China
- Wei Wang, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China