Affiliated with the Society for Machines and Mentality, the journal Minds and Machines fosters a tradition of criticism within the AI and philosophical communities on problems and issues of common concern. Its scope explicitly encompasses philosophical aspects of computer science.
The journal affords an international forum for the discussion and debate of important and controversial issues concerning significant developments within its areas of editorial focus. It features special issues devoted to specific topics, critical responses to previously published pieces, and review essays discussing current problem situations.
- Affiliated with the Society for Machines and Mentality.
- Fosters a tradition of criticism within the AI and philosophical communities on problems and issues of common concern.
- Features strong stands on controversial issues.
- Includes special issues devoted to specific topics, critical responses to previously published pieces, and review essays discussing current problem situations.
- Mariarosaria Taddeo
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.855 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.504 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 73 days
- Submission to first decision
- 195 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 114,570 (2019)
Analysing the Combined Health, Social and Economic Impacts of the Corovanvirus Pandemic Using Agent-Based Social Simulation
Authors (first, second and last of 14)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Call for Papers for a Minds & Machines Special Issue on Machine Learning: Prediction Without Explanation?
Deadline: 28 Feb 2021
- Dr. Florian J. Boge
- Paul Grünke
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Rafaela Hillerbrand
To read more, please click here
Call for Papers for Minds & Machines special issue on Social Robots: Ethical and Anthropological Issues
Call for Papers for Minds & Machines special issue on
Deadline for paper submissions: October 1, 2020
• Prof. Georg Gasser, University of Augsburg
• Ass. Prof. Dr. Claudia Paganini, University of Innsbruck
Please click here to see the call for papers for the Special Issue
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ACM Digital Library
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Computer Science Index
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EI Compendex
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Philosophy Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- UGC-CARE List (India)