Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry is an international and interdisciplinary forum for the publication of work in the fields of medical and psychiatric anthropology, cross-cultural psychiatry, and associated cross-societal and clinical epidemiological studies.
The journal offers original research, and theoretical papers based on original research, across the full range of these fields. Contents include clinically relevant interdisciplinary work which bridges anthropological and medical perspectives and methods, along with research on the cultural context of normative and deviant behavior, including the anthropological, epidemiological and clinical aspects of the subject.
Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry fosters systematic, wide-ranging examinations of the significance of culture in health care, including comparisons of how the concept of culture operates in anthropological and medical disciplines.
2-Year Impact Factor: 0.983 (2017)
5-Year Impact Factor: 1.318 (2017)
39 out of 82 on the Anthropology list
27 out of 39 on the Social Sciences, Biomedical list
107 out of 139 on the Psychiatry list
SCImago Journal and Country Rank (SJR) 2018: 0.535
101 out of 263 on the Art and Humanities (Misc) list
51 out of 357 on the Anthropology list
91 out of 246 on the Health (Social Science) list
230 out of 494 on the Psychiatry and Mental Health (Medicine) list
SJR is a measure of the journal’s relative impact in its field, based on its number of citations and number of articles per publication year.
Source Normalised Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2018: 1.109
The SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field. The impact of a single citation is given higher value in subject areas where citations are less likely, and vice versa.
CiteScore 2018: 1.43
- A forum for the publication of work in medical and psychiatric anthropology, cross-cultural psychiatry and related fields
- Presents research work which bridges anthropological and medical perspectives and methods
- Examines the significance of culture in health care
- Benefits everyone studying, researching or working in anthropology, psychiatry and general health care
- Rebecca J. Lester
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.456 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.576 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 98 days
- Acceptance to publication: 13 days
- Downloads: 109,531 (2018)