Mathematical Notes is a journal that publishes research papers and review articles in modern algebra, geometry and number theory, functional analysis, logic, set and measure theory, topology, probability and stochastics, differential and noncommutative geometry, operator and group theory, asymptotic and approximation methods, mathematical finance, linear and nonlinear equations, ergodic and spectral theory, operator algebras, and other related theoretical fields. It also presents rigorous results in mathematical physics.
Mathematical Notes is a peer reviewed journal. We use a single blind peer review format. Our team of reviewers includes over 300 experts from 21 countries. The average period from submission to first decision in 2018 was 60 days, and that from first decision to acceptance was 30 days. The rejection rate for submitted manuscripts in 2018 was 65%. The final decision on the acceptance of an article for publication is made by the Editorial Board.
Any invited reviewer who feels unqualified or unable to review the manuscript due to the conflict of interests should promptly notify the editors and decline the invitation. Reviewers should formulate their statements clearly in a sound and reasoned way so that authors can use reviewer’s arguments to improve the manuscript. Personal criticism of the authors must be avoided. Reviewers should indicate in a review (i) any relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors, (ii) anything that has been reported in previous publications and not given appropriate reference or citation, (ii) any substantial similarity or overlap with any other manuscript (published or unpublished) of which they have personal knowledge.
- A translation of Matematicheskie Zametki, a publication of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS).
- Features English translations of mathematical papers simultaneously published with their Russian versions.
- Contains research papers and survey articles in a wide array of subjects, including mathematical physics.
- Victor P. Maslov
- Publishing model
- 0.612 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 0.548 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 21,431 (2019)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Mathematical Reviews
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)