Well-established international journal presenting marine geophysical experiments on the geology of continental margins, deep ocean basins and the global mid-ocean ridge system. The journal publishes the state-of-the-art in marine geophysical research including innovative geophysical data analysis, new deep sea floor imaging techniques and tools for measuring rock and sediment properties.
Marine Geophysical Research reaches a large and growing community of readers worldwide. Rooted on early international interests in researching the global mid-ocean ridge system, its focus has expanded to include studies of continental margin tectonics, sediment deposition processes and resulting geohazards as well as their structure and stratigraphic record. The editors of MGR predict a rising rate of advances and development in this sphere in coming years, reflecting the diversity and complexity of marine geological processes.
For advice on the suitability of submissions, please contact the Editors-in-Chief:
Wu-Cheng Chi, Institute of Earth Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taiwan [email@example.com]
Claudio Lo Iacono, Institut de Ciències del Mar (CSIC), Barcelona, Spain [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Reports on new developments in the field, including sea floor imaging techniques and new tools for measuring the physical properties and geochemical composition of marine sediments and rocks
- Broad coverage of studies on continental margin geology & geophysics, tectonics, stratigraphy and sediment deposition processes
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Does not charge for colour illustrations
- Wu-Cheng Chi,
- Claudio Lo Iacono
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.471 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.554 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 55 days
- Acceptance to publication: 10 days
- Downloads: 53,757 (2018)