Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (JTAC) is a fully peer-reviewed, highly cited journal that publishes good quality papers covering all aspects of thermal analysis, calorimetry, and experimental thermodynamics. Twelve issues are published every year containing regular and special issues which focus on topics at the forefront of thermal analysis and calorimetry which are carried out in the following areas: pharmaceuticals, bio-sciences, life-sciences, nano-materials, and energetic materials (including biodiesel, polymers, and biodegradable polymers). JTAC publishes original research papers, short communications, reviews, modern instruments, events, and book reviews. JTAC showcases cutting edge thermal analysis and calorimetry research performed in a variety of disciplines which include: Material Science, Organics, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Bio- and Life Sciences.
Formerly known as Journal of Thermal Analysis, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry is published by Springer Science & Business Media in cooperation with Akadémiai Kiadó.
- A highly cited journal
- Publishes 12 issues per year
- Showcases cutting edge thermal analysis, calorimetry, and experimental thermodynamics
- Covers research performed in many areas e.g. Material Science, Organics, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Bio- and Life Sciences
- 95% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- I.M. Szilágyi
- Submission to first decision: 92 days
- Acceptance to publication: 11 days
- Downloads: 642,091 (2018)
- Impact factor: 2.471 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.084 (2018)
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?