Journal of Religion and Health explores the most contemporary modes of religious and spiritual thought with particular emphasis on their relevance to current medical and psychological research. Taking an eclectic approach to the study of human values, health, and emotional welfare, this international interdisciplinary journal publishes original peer-reviewed articles that deal with mental and physical health in relation to religion and spirituality of all kinds. Founded in 1961 by the Blanton-Peale Institute, which joins the perspectives of psychology and religion, the journal provides a scholarly forum for the discussion of topical themes on both a theoretical and practical level for scholars and professionals of all religious faiths and backgrounds.
- Explores the most contemporary modes of religious thought with particular emphasis on their relevance to current medical and psychological research.
- Presents articles that deal with mental, and physical, health in relation to religion and spirituality of all kinds.
- Covers both theory and practice.
- Lindsay B. Carey
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.898 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 1.955 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 209 days
- Submission to first decision
- 323 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 388,795 (2020)
Trust in God and/or Science? Sociodemographic Differences in the Effects of Beliefs in an Engaged God and Mistrust of the COVID-19 Vaccine
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
We are happy to announce the following articles have been awarded by the JORH Editors as "JORH Articles of the Year 2021". Congratulations to the authors and their affiliated institutions.
Tomás, C., & Rosa, P. J. (2021). Validation of a scale of religious and spiritual coping (RCOPE) for the Portuguese population. Journal of Religion and Health, 60(5), 3510–3529. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10943-021-01248-z
Feng, J., Li, Y., Sun, Y., Wang, L., Qi, W., Wang, K. T., & Xue, Y. (2021). The Chinese spiritual coping scale: Development and initial psychometric evaluation. Journal of Religion and Health, 60(1), 458-474. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10943-019-00970-z
These articles were deemed the most noteworthy of all those published across the six issues of the Journal of Religion and Health 2021 volume-year.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- BFI List
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Current Contents/Arts and Humanities
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Semantic Scholar
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)