The Protein Journal (formerly the Journal of Protein Chemistry) publishes original research work on all aspects of proteins and peptides. These include studies concerned with covalent or three-dimensional structure determination (X-ray, NMR, cryoEM, EPR/ESR, optical methods, etc.), computational aspects of protein structure and function, protein folding and misfolding, assembly, genetics, evolution, proteomics, molecular biology, protein engineering, protein nanotechnology, protein purification and analysis and peptide synthesis, as well as the elucidation and interpretation of the molecular bases of biological activities of proteins and peptides. We accept original research papers, reviews, mini-reviews, hypotheses, opinion papers, and letters to the editor.
The Protein Journal is a member of CrossCheck by CrossRef and iThenticate. iThenticate is a plagiarism screening service that verifies the originality of content submitted before publication. iThenticate checks submissions against millions of published research papers, and billions of web content. Authors, researchers and freelancers can also use iThenticate to screen their work before submission by visiting www.ithenticate.com.
Details on the Submission and Publicationd procedures:
- No Page Charges
- No Fees for Online Color Images
- Optional Color Images in Print – Euro 950,-
- Optional Open Access Publication Fee (APC) – USD 3000,- / Euro 2200,-
- Covers all facets of protein biological functions and interactions
- Topics include studies of covalent or three-dimensional structure, assembly, genetics, evolution, proteomics, molecular biology, engineering, and peptide synthesis
- Covers the application of research to the molecular bases of the biological activity of proteins
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Lawrence J. Berliner
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 1.029 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.213 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 63 days
- Submission to first decision
- 11 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 50,491 (2018)