Publishes original interdisciplinary studies of medicine and medical education. Research findings emerge from three areas of investigation: medical humanities, cultural studies, and pedagogy.
Medical humanities covers literature on history, philosophy, and bioethics as well as social and behavioral sciences that have strong humanistic traditions. Inquiries based on cultural studies may include multidisciplinary activities involving the humanities; women's, African-American, and other critical studies; media studies and popular culture; and sociology and anthropology. Lastly, pedagogical perspectives elucidate what and how knowledge is made and valued in medicine, how that knowledge is expressed and transmitted, and the ideological basis of medical education.
Your article in Journal of Medical Humanities?
Submit online via http://www.editorialmanager.com/jomh/
- Publishes original papers reflecting the journal’s broaden perspective on interdisciplinary studies of medicine and medical education
- Explores research emerging from three areas of investigation: medical humanities, cultural studies, and pedagogy
- Therese Jones
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Submission to first decision: 76 days
- Acceptance to publication: 18 days
- Downloads: 99,238 (2018)