Journal of Fluorescence is an international forum for peer-reviewed original articles that advance the practice of this established spectroscopic technique. Coverage includes advances in theory and data analysis, studies of the photophysics of aromatic molecules, solvent, and environmental effects, advances in fluorescence microscopy, imaging, photobleaching, and phosphorescence for studies of cell biology, chemical biology and the advanced uses of fluorescence in flow cytometry analysis, immunology, high throughput screening and drug discovery, DNA sequencing and arrays, genomics and proteomics. The journal also publishes papers that describe the synthesis and characterization of new fluorophores, particularly those displaying unique sensitivities or optical properties. In addition to original articles, the Journal also publishes reviews, rapid communications, short communications, letters to the editor, topical news articles, and technical and design notes.
Journal of Fluorescence is edited by Professor Chris D. Geddes, Director of the Institute of Fluorescence at the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Maryland, USA
- Presents original articles that advance the practice of this established spectroscopic technique
- Coverage includes advances in theory and data analysis, studies of the photophysics of aromatic molecules and more
- Offers reviews, rapid communications, letters, topical news and technical notes
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Chris D. Geddes
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.913 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.717 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 50 days
- Acceptance to publication: 12 days
- Downloads: 151,088 (2018)