The Journal of Economic Growth serves as the principal outlet for research in the fields of economic growth and comparative economic development. The journal publishes high quality research that explores the growth process in the contemporary period as well as over the entire course of human history. In particular, the journal encourages the submission of research that explores the role of income distribution, the demographic transition, human capital formation, technological change, and structural transformation in the growth process, as well as the role deeply-rooted geographical, cultural, institutional and human characteristics in the comparative economic development.
The Journal of Economic Growth is currently ranked 3rd (Web of Science) and 5th (RePEc) among all economic journals, based on impact factor.
Submission related to the field of population economics, that will be not found by the editorial board suitable for publications in the Journal of Economic Growth, may be transferred by the Editor, with referee reports, for further consideration in the Journal of Population Economics.
Officially cited as: J Econ Growth
- Publishes theoretical and empirical research in economic growth and dynamic macroeconomics
- Features an editorial board consisting of prominent researchers in economic growth, dynamic macroeconomics, international economics, urban economics, migration, and development
- Ranked #5 among all journals in the RepEc (Research Papers in Economics) journal ranking
- Oded Galor
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 4.615 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 7.500 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 54 days
- Submission to first decision
- 420 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 95,314 (2019)
Was the post-1870 fertility transition a key contributor to growth in the West in the twentieth century?
Does it matter where you came from? Ancestry composition and economic performance of US counties, 1850–2010
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Read recently published open access articles in the Journal of Economic Growth.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Business Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)