The Journal of Economic Growth serves as the principal outlet for research in the fields of economic growth and comparative economic development. The journal publishes high quality research that explores the growth process in the contemporary period as well as over the entire course of human history. In particular, the journal encourages the submission of research that explores the role of income distribution, the demographic transition, human capital formation, technological change, and structural transformation in the growth process, as well as the role deeply-rooted geographical, cultural, institutional and human characteristics in the comparative economic development.
The Journal of Economic Growth is currently ranked 3rd (Web of Science) and 5th (RePEc) among all economic journals, based on impact factor.
Submission related to the field of population economics, that will be not found by the editorial board suitable for publications in the Journal of Economic Growth, may be transferred by the Editor, with referee reports, for further consideration in the Journal of Population Economics.
Officially cited as: J Econ Growth
- Publishes theoretical and empirical research in economic growth and dynamic macroeconomics
- Features an editorial board consisting of prominent researchers in economic growth, dynamic macroeconomics, international economics, urban economics, migration, and development
- Ranked #5 among all journals in the RepEc (Research Papers in Economics) journal ranking
- Oded Galor
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 6.154 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 6.079 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 81 days
- Acceptance to publication: 47 days
- Downloads: 104,554 (2018)