The Journal of Oceanography is the official journal of the Oceanographic Society of Japan and open to all oceanographers in the world. The main aim of the journal is to promote understandings of ocean systems from various aspects including physical, chemical, biological, geological oceanography as well as paleoceanography, etc. The journal welcomes research focusing on the western North Pacific and Asian coastal waters, but the study region is not limited to the Asian Pacific. The journal publishes original articles, short contributions, reviews, and correspondence in oceanography and related fields.
Papers describing important new techniques, methods, and apparatuses will also be considered. Descriptive work will, however, be accepted if they contain general principles. Authors should submit their manuscripts online. Electronic submission substantially reduces the editorial processing and reviewing times and shortens overall publication times. Please go to http://www.springer.com/10872 for submission and for a full guide for authors.
- An official Journal of The Oceanographic Society of Japan (Est. 1942)
- Covers all aspects of Oceanography: Physical, Chemical, Biological, Geological, and Paleo- Oceanography, etc
- Open to all oceanographers in the world
- Papers on the western North Pacific and Asian coastal waters are especially welcome, though the study region is not limited to the Asian Pacific
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Naoto Ebuchi
- Submission to first decision: 50 days
- Acceptance to publication: 12 days
- Downloads: 62,154 (2018)
- Impact factor: 2.085 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.793 (2018)
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?