The journal publishes articles on research investigations that enhance understanding of psychopathology and mental disorders applicable to all ages, deviant or abnormal behaviors, including those related to medical conditions and trauma, and constructs descriptive of personality. It fosters inquiry into assessment, description, and classification of normal and abnormal behaviors, psychobiological factors predisposing, precipitating, and maintaining psychopathology, and theories of psychopathology and behavior change.
Coverage spans studies of normal personality constructs and positive personal attributes, personal and environmental factors influencing behavioral outcomes, and interactive models of cognitive, emotional, and behavior resource factors as impacting normal and abnormal behaviors.
The journal includes articles focusing on therapeutic interventions and accepts reviews, particurlary meta-analytic reviews.
- Fosters scientific inquiry into assessment, description, and classification of normal and abnormal behaviors.
- Examines theories of psychopathology and behavior change.
- Randall T. Salekin
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.976 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.560 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 57 days
- Acceptance to publication: 18 days
- Downloads: 143,502 (2018)