Call for Papers on Intelligent Cobot Systems: Human-Cobot Collaboration in Manufacturing
The Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing is seeking submissions to a forthcoming Special Issue on Intelligent Cobot Systems: Human-Cobot Collaboration in Manufacturing.
- Intelligent Cobot Systems: Human-Cobot Collaboration in Manufacturing
Abstracts Due January 30, 2022
Full Paper Submissions Due June 30, 2022
Aims and Scope
This Special Issue aims to gather the latest research achievements, findings, and ideas regarding cobot systems design and management. Particular attention may be given to the human perspective and advanced technologies integration. Thus, we encourage combining aspects of human factors (HF) and human in the loop (HIL) with cobots; and/or the integration of advanced technologies, such as: digital twins (DT), augmented reality (AR), machine vision (MV), artificial intelligence (AI), advanced mechatronics, and advanced operator interaction and monitoring. Additionally, we welcome reports on new ICT technologies, mathematical models and methods, automatic solutions, and management techniques and approaches. Finally, industrial case studies are of great interest.
This SI seeks original manuscripts that investigate recent trend, mathematical models, key enabling technologies, management techniques and approaches and industrial case studies related (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Integration of cobots and artificial intelligence (AI)
- Integration of cobots and machine vision (MV)
- Integration of cobots and advanced technologies
- Integration of cobot systems in new environments
- Innovative models for the design and management of cobot systems
- Human factors (HF) evaluation of cobots and human in the loop (HIL)
- Improving the human factors (HF) of cobot systems
- Innovative models for tasks balancing for cobot systems
- Novel solutions for improving and applying human-robot collaboration
- Modelling and simulation of human-robot collaboration
- Designing speech interaction with cobots
- Case studies and applications for human-robot collaboration
Submission Guidelines and Timeline
Authors are requested to email an extended abstract (in pdf format) of a maximum of 1000 words to Maurizio Faccio at firstname.lastname@example.org before the 30th of January 2022.
Important note: This abstract should contain the tentative title of the paper, the authors list (with the corresponding author identified). The main contribution, the results and the methodology must be pointed out.
Authors will be informed by email if an extended version of their paper can be reviewed for this special issue by the 28th of February 2022.
Accepted authors are required to submit their full papers via the journal’s submission system by indicating this special issue from the menu. The submission system is available at http://www.editorialmanager.com/jims/default.aspx. The deadline for full paper submission is the 30th of June, 2022.
Important note: full paper submissions are limited to the aforementioned JIMS submission site. Any other means of submissions are (e.g., via email) are not allowed.
The first round of reviews may take 3 and notifications will be sent by the 30th of September, 2022.
Authors may have to re-submit a revised version of their articles by the 30th of November 2022.
Authors will be informed of the final decisions by the 31st of December 2022.
University of Padua, Italy
Åsa Fasth Berglund
Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Afeka College of Engineering, Israel