International in scope and audience, the Journal of Insect Conservation publishes articles on the conservation of insects and related invertebrates. The papers presented touch on all aspects of conservation and biodiversity of insects and closely related groups such as Arachnids and Myriapods, including ecological work with conservation implications. Articles focus on both theoretical and practical topics, addressing the subject at the community, population and species level. Coverage includes aspects of behaviour, taxonomy and genetics, and ranges from local to global. Review articles are included, as well as points of view which are likely to stimulate debate.
The journal is produced in association with Butterfly Conservation Europe, a wildlife charity dedicated to the conservation of lepidoptera and their habitats, and which was closely involved in developing the journals concept. Further information on Butterfly Conservation Europe and its work can be found at: https://www.vlinderstichting.nl/butterfly-conservation-europe/.
- An international journal devoted to conservation of insects and related invertebrates
- Coverage extends to insects and closely related groups such as Arachnids and Myriapods
- Prominent topics include conservation and biodiversity
- Produced in association with Butterfly Conservation Europe
- 90% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Dirk Maes,
- James S. Pryke,
- Jorge L. León-Cortés
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.553 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.654 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 76 days
- Submission to first decision
- 229 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 172,005 (2020)
Quantifying the entrapment effect of anthropogenic beach litter on sand‐dwelling beetles according to the EU Marine Strategy Framework Directive
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Rainfall seasonality drives the spatiotemporal patterns of dung beetles in Amazonian forests in the arc of deforestation
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
An assessment of the invasive alien tree, Robinia pseudoacacia canopy traits and its effect on grassland microclimates and subsequent arthropod assemblages
Residential sites increase species loss and cause high temporal changes in functional diversity of dung beetles in an urbanized Brazilian Cerrado landscape
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
We are pleased to announce an upcoming Special Issue on 'Insect Diversity in Agriculture'
to help collate the latest research in this field.
This Special Issue is open for the submission of original research and review articles until
30th June 2021. Click here for more information.
All manuscripts submitted to the Journal of Insect Conservation must now include in the abstract what implications for insect conservation are addressed in the article.
Read more here.
Does diet and temperature affect the wing morphology and flight ability of monarch butterflies?
Find out with our featured article authored by Abrianna J. Soule, Leslie E. Decker & Mark D. Hunter.
Journal of Insect Conservation is proud to support a new initiative called Publication Partners, which was launched earlier this year as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic and the knock-on effect on individuals struggling to continue with their research. Publication Partners enables authors who are struggling to find the time for their manuscript due to the pandemic, to ‘buddy’ with a ‘partner’ who can help get the manuscript into a publishable form. Find out more here.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Agriculture Plus
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Environment
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Ecology Abstracts
- ProQuest Entomology Abstracts
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record