This unique publication focuses on linguistic issues as they pertain to East Asian languages. It bridges the gap between traditional description and current theoretical research and encourages research that allows these languages to play a significant role in shaping general linguistic theory.
The Journal of East Asian Linguistics (JEAL) features
- Theoretically oriented work on any aspect of the syntax, semantics, pragmatics, phonology, and morphology of an East Asian language.
- Comparative work among East Asian languages and/or between an East Asian language and any other languages that contributes to the parametric theory of universal grammar.
- Formal analysis of any aspect of the grammar at any historical stage of a language or the historical development of any language providing it has a bearing on East Asian languages.
- Interdisciplinary contributions from psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, and computational linguistics that have a particular bearing on the study of East Asian languages.
- Focuses on linguistic issues as they pertain to East Asian languages.
- Bridges the gap between traditional description and current theoretical research.
- Encourages research that allows these languages to play a significant role in shaping general linguistic theory.
- C. T. James Huang
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 0.640 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 0.758 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 16,218 (2019)
Agentive versus non-agentive motions immediately influence event apprehension and description: an eye-tracking study in a VOS language
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
For the purpose of reviewing, articles for publication should be submitted via email attachment to the Journals Editorial Office.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Current Contents/Arts and Humanities
- EBSCO Communication
- EBSCO Communication & Mass Media Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- EBSCO Humanities International
- EBSCO Humanities Source
- EBSCO Linguistics Abstracts Online
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- MLA International Bibliography
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- UGC-CARE List (India)