SELECTED FOR COVERAGE IN:
- Social Sciences Citation Index®/Social Scisearch®
- Current Contents®/Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Journal Citation Reports/ Social Sciences Edition
Journal of Child and Family Studies (JCFS) is an international, peer-reviewed forum for topical issues pertaining to the behavioral health and well-being of children, adolescents, and their families. Interdisciplinary and ecological in approach, the journal focuses on individual, family, and community contexts that influence child, youth, and family well-being and translates research results into practical applications for providers, program implementers, and policymakers. Original papers address applied and translational research, program evaluation, service delivery, and policy matters that affect child, youth, and family well-being. Topic areas include but are not limited to: enhancing child, youth/young adult, parent, caregiver, and/or family functioning; prevention and intervention related to social, emotional, or behavioral functioning in children, youth, and families; cumulative effects of risk and protective factors on behavioral health, development, and well-being; the effects both of exposure to adverse childhood events and assets/protective factors; child abuse and neglect, housing instability and homelessness, and related ecological factors influencing child and family outcomes.
Given the transnational focus of the journal and the multidetermined nature of child and family development, JCFS invites papers with a range of approaches and methodologies arising from varied data sources and geographies. In addition to full length scholarly papers, the journal publishes systematic or scoping reviews, brief reports of empiricalresearch, and commentaries.
- Serves as a prominent international forum for topical issues pertaining to the behavioral health and well-being of children, youth, and families
- Focuses on individual, family, and community contexts that influence child, youth, and family functioning and well-being, with an emphasis on applied and translational research that informs policy and practice
- Translates the latest research results into practical applications for providers, program implementers, and policy makers
- Cheri J. Shapiro,
- Anne F. Farrell
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 1.556 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.105 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 82 days
- Submission to first decision
- 18 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 677,981 (2018)