- Covers the rapidly expanding field of the commercial use of algae
- Presents fundamental research, techniques and practical applications in algal and cyanobacterial biotechnology and genetic engineering, culture collections
- Includes a section for brief notes and general information on new products, patents and company news
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
The Journal of Applied Phycology publishes work in the rapidly expanding field of the commercial use of algae.
Coverage includes fundamental research and development of techniques and practical applications in such areas as algal and cyanobacterial biotechnology and genetic engineering, tissues culture, culture collections, commercially useful micro-algae and their products, mariculture, algalization and soil fertility, pollution and fouling, monitoring, toxicity tests, toxic compounds, antibiotics and other biologically active compounds.
Each issue of the Journal also includes a short section for brief notes and general information on new products, patents and company news.
- Michael Borowitzka
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.635 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.828 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 53 days
- Submission to first decision
- 138 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 349,470 (2018)