The Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics presents articles on ethical issues confronting agriculture, food production and environmental concerns. The goal of this journal is to create a forum for discussion of moral issues arising from actual or projected social policies in regard to a wide range of questions. Among these are ethical questions concerning the responsibilities of agricultural producers, the assessment of technological changes affecting farm populations, the utilization of farmland and other resources, the deployment of intensive agriculture, the modification of ecosystems, animal welfare, the professional responsibilities of agrologists, veterinarians, or food scientists, the use of biotechnology, the safety, availability, and affordability of food.
The journal publishes scientific articles that are relevant to ethical issues, as well as philosophical papers and brief discussion pieces, and book reviews.
- Offers articles on ethical issues confronting agriculture, food production and environmental concerns
- Assesses technological changes affecting farm populations, the utilization of farmland and other resources
- Publishes philosophical papers and brief discussion pieces
- 92% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Jeffrey Burkhardt
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.398 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.723 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 48 days
- Acceptance to publication: 11 days
- Downloads: 202,319 (2018)