International Ophthalmology provides the clinician with articles on all the relevant subspecialties of ophthalmology, with a broad international scope. The emphasis is on presentation of the latest clinical research in the field. In addition, the journal includes regular sections devoted to new developments in technologies, products, and techniques.
International Ophthalmology seeks very high quality research papers with a significant medical and social impact. These papers may relate to innovative diagnostic techniques, advances in therapy, or significant findings in relevant diseases.
International Ophthalmology also welcomes high-quality review articles, meta-analyses, and large cohort studies.
International Ophthalmology accordingly accepts the article categories Original Article and
Review, acceptance being based on provision of outstanding quality for readers. In addition, Letters to the Editor are invited.In summary, International Ophthalmology is a journal that updates readers on the latest clinical research findings across the entire spectrum of ophthalmology with the goal of advancing disease management
- Provides the clinician with articles on all the relevant subspecialties of ophthalmology
- Broad international scope
- Regular sections devoted to geographical ophthalmology, and to new developments, products and techniques
- Piergiorgio Neri
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.496 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.268 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 62 days
- Acceptance to publication: 13 days
- Downloads: 126,397 (2018)