Interchange, an externally refereed educational quarterly, explores educational theory, research, analysis, history, philosophy, policy, and practices. The journal fosters exchanges among practitioners, policy makers, and scholars and provides a forum for ideas and opinions on issues and trends in education.
Focusing on frank, often argumentative articles on the fundamental purposes of education, the journal frequently challenges conventional assumptions about general education and higher education from the perspectives of philosophy and the social sciences. All contributions to this journal are peer reviewed.
As a special feature, the journal publishes responses to articles—and frequently responses to responses—in the same issue as the published article in question.
- Explores educational theory, research, analysis, history, philosophy, policy, and practices
- Focuses on frank, often argumentative articles on the fundamental purposes of education
- Challenges conventional assumptions about education
- Publishes responses to articles and responses to responses
- Ian Winchester
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 128 days
- Submission to first decision
- 166 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 39,358 (2018)