Established in 1994 as the world's first journal of wireless networking, the International Journal of Wireless Information Networks examines applications such as sensor and mobile ad-hoc networks, wireless personal area networks, wireless LANs, mobile data networks, location aware networks and services, wireless health, body area networking, cyber physical systems, opportunistic localization for wireless devices and indoor geolocation, and RF localization and RFID techniques. The journal also covers performance-predictions methodologies, radio propagation studies, modulation and coding, multiple access methods, security and privacy considerations, antenna and RF subsystems, VLSI and ASIC design, experimental trials, traffic and frequency management, and network signaling and architecture.
Four categories of papers are published: invited openings reviewing current and future directions; overview reports addressing the philosophy and technical details of standards and field trials; technical papers presenting contributions of archival value; and letters enhancing and expanding upon published works.
- Examines applications such as sensor and mobile ad-hoc networks, wireless personal area networks, wireless LANs, mobile data networks, etc.
- Features four categories of papers: invited openings, overview reports, technical papers, and letters
- Responds to the needs of researchers in the telecommunications and computer industries
- Kaveh Pahlavan
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 66 days
- Submission to first decision
- 295 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 39,467 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
A full list of all current calls for papers and open special issues is available.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Computer Science Index
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- EI Compendex
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG