Established in 1994 as the world's first journal of wireless networking, the International Journal of Wireless Information Networks examines applications such as sensor and mobile ad-hoc networks, wireless personal area networks, wireless LANs, mobile data networks, location aware networks and services, wireless health, body area networking, cyber physical systems, opportunistic localization for wireless devices and indoor geolocation, and RF localization and RFID techniques. The journal also covers performance-predictions methodologies, radio propagation studies, modulation and coding, multiple access methods, security and privacy considerations, antenna and RF subsystems, VLSI and ASIC design, experimental trials, traffic and frequency management, and network signaling and architecture.
Four categories of papers are published: invited openings reviewing current and future directions; overview reports addressing the philosophy and technical details of standards and field trials; technical papers presenting contributions of archival value; and letters enhancing and expanding upon published works.
- Examines applications such as sensor and mobile ad-hoc networks, wireless personal area networks, wireless LANs, mobile data networks, etc.
- Features four categories of papers: invited openings, overview reports, technical papers, and letters
- Responds to the needs of researchers in the telecommunications and computer industries
- Kaveh Pahlavan
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Submission to first decision: 65 days
- Acceptance to publication: 9 days
- Downloads: 30,016 (2018)