Founded by Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, the International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education (IJSME) publishes original, peer reviewed articles on a variety of topics and research methods in both science and mathematics education. Articles address common issues in mathematics and science education. The journal also publishes studies that explore the use of a variety of teaching and learning strategies in different cultural and cross-curricular contexts.
The International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education received its first impact factor in 2012 in the Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters).
For more information about International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education
Prof. Hsin-Kai Wu
Senior Editor, IJSME
Graduate Institute of Science Education
National Taiwan Normal University
Phone: +886 2 7734-6805
- Publishes articles on a variety of topics and research methods in science and mathematics education
- Draws attention to studies that explore science and mathematics education from different cultural perspectives
- Encourages interdisciplinary research that integrates science and mathematics education
- Publishes annual special issues focusing on specific topics of current interest to classroom educators
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Huann-shyang Lin
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.027 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.369 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 85 days
- Acceptance to publication: 20 days
- Downloads: 146,600 (2018)