The Journal of Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves offers a peer-reviewed platform for the rapid dissemination of original, high-quality research in the frequency window from 30 GHz to 30 THz. The topics covered include: sources, detectors, and other devices; systems, spectroscopy, sensing, interaction between electromagnetic waves and matter, applications, metrology, and communications. Manuscripts submitted to the Journal should discuss a significant advancement to the field of infrared, millimeter, and terahertz waves.
Manuscripts can be submitted to one of the following categories:
- Letters: Short articles of particular interest to the community. The review process will be expedited for this manuscript category.
- Sources: Including systems based on photoconductive antennas and related techniques, resonant tunnelling diodes, microwave devices, vacuum tube based sources, free electron lasers, synchrotrons, high power microwave sources, gas lasers, quantum cascade lasers and sources relying on parametric down conversion.
- Detectors: THz detectors, detector arrays or part of detectors such as mixers or antennas.
- Devices: Modulators, reflectors, filters and waveguides as well as metamaterial-based devices.
- Systems: Including entire emitter-receiver systems, imaging systems, characterization of systems, but also data extraction algorithms and metrology problems.
- Spectroscopy: Interaction between THz waves and all states of matter; includes THz spectroscopy on solids, liquids, gases, and plasmas.
- Applications: Manuscripts which discuss possible applications e.g. e.g. for industrial inspection, bio-medical sensing, material science, and communications.
- Provides peer-reviewed rapid dissemination of original research in the frequency range between 30 GHz and 30 THz
- Covers sources, detectors, devices, systems, spectroscopy and applications
- 93% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Free app available on iTunes and Google Play Store
- Martin Koch
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.765 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.049 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 34 days
- Submission to first decision
- 114 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 116,540 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG