Human Ecology: An Interdisciplinary Journal publishes papers probing the complex and varied systems of interaction between people and their environment.
Contributions examine the roles of social, cultural, and psychological factors in the maintenance or disruption of ecosystems and investigate the effects of population density on health, social organization, and environmental quality.
Articles also address adaptive problems in urban environments and the interrelationship between technological and environmental changes.
2-Year Impact Factor: 1.642 (2017)
5-Year Impact Factor: 2.188 (2017)
22 out of 85 on the Anthropology list
69 out of 108 on the Environmental Studies list
43 out of 146 on the Sociology list
Thomson-Reuters ScienceWatch Top Journals in Anthropology from 2001-2011
Citation Impact 6.65 (11/20)
SCImago Journal and Country Rank (SJR) 2018: 0.590
47 out of 357 on the Anthropology list
90 out of 263 on the Arts and Humanities (Misc) list
137 out of 336 on the Ecology list
35 out of 71 on the Environmental Science (miscellaneous) list
265 out of 1111 on the Sociology and Political Science list
SJR is a measure of the journal’s relative impact in its field, based on its number of citations and number of articles per publication year.
Source Normalised Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2018: 0.841
The SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field. The impact of a single citation is given higher value in subject areas where citations are less likely, and vice versa.
CiteScore 2018: 1.50
- Studies the interactions between people and their environment
- Examines social, cultural, and psychological factors in the maintenance of ecosystems
- Investigates the effects of population density on health, social organization, and environmental quality
- Addresses adaptive problems in urban environments and the interrelationship between technological and environmental changes
- Daniel G. Bates
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.336 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.119 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 71 days
- Submission to first decision
- 21 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 148,357 (2018)