The Journal of Heuristics provides a forum for advancing the state-of-the-art in the theory and practical application of techniques for solving problems approximately that cannot be solved exactly. It fosters the development, understanding, and practical use of heuristic solution techniques for solving business, engineering, and societal problems. It considers the importance of theoretical, empirical, and experimental work related to the development of heuristics.
The journal presents practical applications, theoretical developments, decision analysis models that consider issues of rational decision making with limited information, artificial intelligence-based heuristics applied to a wide variety of problems, learning paradigms, and computational experimentation.
Officially cited as: J Heuristics
- Provides a forum for advancing the state-of-the-art in the theory and practical application of techniques for solving problems approximately that cannot be solved exactly.
- Fosters the development, understanding, and practical use of heuristic solution techniques for solving business, engineering, and societal problems.
- Considers the importance of theoretical, empirical, and experimental work related to the development of heuristics.
- Manuel Laguna
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 1.577 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.014 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 81 days
- Submission to first decision
- 488 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 40,299 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Journal of Heuristics highlights some of the recent top cited papers from the journal.
Journal of Heuristics highlights some of the top downloaded papers from the journal in 2019.
Read recently published open access articles from the Journal of Heuristics.
Access a report of the top scoring Altmetric articles from the Journal of Heuristics and join the conversation.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- ACM Digital Library
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Computer Science Index
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Computer Science
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)