Group Decision and Negotiation is published in cooperation with the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences and its Section on Group Decision and Negotiation. The journal focuses broadly on relation and coordination in group processes by exploring the entire process or flow of activities relevant to group decision and negotiation.
Among the evolving approaches to group decision and negotiation processes, the journal explores computer group decision and negotiation support systems; artificial intelligence and management science; applied game theory, experiment and social choice; and cognitive and behavioral sciences. Descriptive, normative, and design viewpoints are all represented.
In addition to theoretical and empirical research, the journal presents real-world applications and case studies. It also covers new software development that supports group decision and negotiation.
- Explores the entire process or flow of activities relevant to group decision and negotiation
- Offers descriptive, normative, and design viewpoints
- Covers applications such as intraorganizational coordination, computer-supported collaborative work, and labor-management negotiations
- Presents new software developments that support group decision and negotiation
- Gregory E. Kersten †
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.612 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.736 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 92 days
- Submission to first decision
- 391 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 77,400 (2019)
A Social Capital Perspective on Computer-Mediated Group Communication and Performance: An Empirical Study
The Best of Both Worlds? Negotiations Between Cooperators and Individualists Provide High Economic and Relational Outcomes
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Due to COVID-19, the International Conference on Group Decision and Negotiation will not take place in 2020.
In 2019 Springer Nature provided a grant to GDN Section of INFORMS for four individual awards amounting to a combined total of USD 1500.00. Upon the recommendation and approval of the Editor-in-Chief, the awards are granted during the annual INFORMS GDN conference to the recipients in the name of the Publisher.
The Editorial Board of the Group Decision and Negotiation Journal encourages and initiates occasional publication of Special Issues (SI). The guidelines are detailed here.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Healthcare Administration Database
- ProQuest International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Social Science Citation Index
- UGC-CARE List (India)