Geometriae Dedicata concentrates on geometry and its relationship to topology, group theory and the theory of dynamical systems. It aims to be a vehicle for excellent publications in geometry and related areas. The journal features special issues centered on specific topics of interest.
Geometriae Dedicata was founded in 1972 on the initiative of Hans Freudenthal in Utrecht, the Netherlands, who viewed geometry as a method rather than as a field. The present Board of Editors tries to continue in this spirit. The steady growth of the journal since its foundation is witness to the validity of the founder's vision and to the success of the Editors' mission.
- Concentrates on geometry and its relationship to topology, group theory and the theory of dynamical systems
- Aims to be a vehicle for excellent publications in geometry and related areas
- Features special issues centered on specific topics of interest
- 97% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- John R Parker,
- Jean-Marc Schlenker
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 0.513 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 0.674 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 105 days
- Submission to first decision
- 9 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 40,698 (2018)