GeoJournal is an international journal devoted to all branches of spatially integrated social sciences and humanities. This long standing journal is committed to publishing cutting-edge, innovative, original and timely research from around the world and across the whole spectrum of social sciences and humanities that have an explicit geographical/spatial component, in particular in GeoJournal’s six major areas:
- Economic and Development Geography
- Social and Political Geography
- Cultural and Historical Geography
- Health and Medical Geography
- Environmental Geography and Sustainable Development
- Legal/Ethical Geography and Policy
In addition to research papers GeoJournal publishes reviews as well as shorter articles in the form of research notes, commentaries, and reports. Submissions should demonstrate original and substantive contributions to social science and humanities from a geographical perspective. Submissions on emerging new fields such as GeoEthics, Neogeography, Digital Humanities and other emerging topics are also welcome.
GeoJournal’s focus makes the journal essential reading for human geographers working in these areas, as well as for researchers from other disciplines, such as sociology, economics, political science, demography, environmental studies, urban planning, history, and cultural studies.
Last but not least, GeoJournal encourages feedbacks and discussions on articles published in the journal through letters to the editor.
GeoJournal is published bi-monthly in February, April, June, August, October and December.
- An interdisciplinary journal devoted to all branches of spatially integrated social sciences and humanities
- Covers human geography, human-environment interactions, geographical information science, medical and health geography, and geographic education
- Presents research notes, commentaries, reports, and reviews
- Contributors include scholars from around the world
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Barney Warf
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 37 days
- Submission to first decision
- 9 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 163,921 (2018)