The International Journal of Fracture is an outlet for original analytical, numerical and experimental contributions which provide improved understanding of the mechanisms of micro and macro fracture in all materials, and their engineering implications.
The journal presents papers from engineers and scientists working in various aspects of fracture, as well as occasional review papers in these as well as other areas. Innovative and in-depth engineering applications of fracture theory are also encouraged.
In addition, the journal publishes concise Letters in Fracture and Micromechanics which serve the Journal's Objective. Letters include brief presentations of a new idea, concept or method; new experimental observations or methods of significance; short notes of quality that do not amount to full length papers; discussion of previously published work in the Journal, and Letters Errata.
- Improves understanding of the mechanisms and mechanics of micro and macro fracture in all materials, and their engineering implications
- Presents papers from engineers and scientists working in various aspects of fracture
- Publishes concise Letters in Fracture and Micromechanics
- Rejection rate 69%
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Free app available on iTunes and Google Play Store
Free full colour printing!
- No page limits!
- Krishnaswamy Ravi-Chandar
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.884 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.757 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 51 days
- Submission to first decision
- 180 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 137,763 (2018)