The International Journal of Fracture is an outlet for original analytical, numerical and experimental contributions which provide improved understanding of the mechanisms of micro and macro fracture in all materials, and their engineering implications.
The journal presents papers from engineers and scientists working in various aspects of fracture, as well as occasional review papers in these as well as other areas. Innovative and in-depth engineering applications of fracture theory are also encouraged.
In addition, the journal publishes concise Letters in Fracture and Micromechanics which serve the Journal's Objective. Letters include brief presentations of a new idea, concept or method; new experimental observations or methods of significance; short notes of quality that do not amount to full length papers; discussion of previously published work in the Journal, and Letters Errata.
- Improves understanding of the mechanisms and mechanics of micro and macro fracture in all materials, and their engineering implications
- Presents papers from engineers and scientists working in various aspects of fracture
- Publishes concise Letters in Fracture and Micromechanics
- Rejection rate 69%
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
Free full colour printing!
- No page limits!
- Krishnaswamy Ravi-Chandar
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.884 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.757 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 69 days
- Submission to first decision
- 180 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 146,239 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
On the sensitivity of fracture mechanism to stress concentration configuration in a two-step quenching and partitioning steel
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Here you can find the special issues that have been published in the International Journal of Fracture over the years.
Springer Engineering is on Facebook and Twitter. Follow us and keep up to date with the latest journal news, research highlights, and more.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EI Compendex
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Gale InfoTrac
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- WTI Frankfurt eG