Call for Papers on Stochastic Models of Manufacturing and Service System Operations
Flexible Services and Manufacturing Journal is seeking submissions to a forthcoming Special Issue on Stochastic Models of Manufacturing and Service System Operations.
- Stochastic Models of Manufacturing and Service System Operations
Closes September 30, 2020
As manufacturing and services evolve, there is a need to develop and study new and innovative models that take into account uncertainty and that will support current and future practices. This is likely to generate novel theory, methodologies and applications based on stochastic models. The objective of the special issue is to disseminate research on novel stochastic models and applications for a rapidly evolving manufacturing and services environment.
The special issue welcomes submissions from all researchers who are contributing to the state-of-the art in Stochastic Models of Manufacturing and Service Operations. The submissıons will be reviewed in accordance with the standard Flexible Services and Manufacturing Journal procedures. Manuscripts should be submitted electronically http://www.editorialmanager.com/flex/ whence they will then be forwarded to the other special issue editors so as to equally balance the workload among them.
While the main focus of the special issue is on modeling of manufacturing system operations, the issue is open to research on service system operations that support manufacturing system operations or can inspire novel manufacturing models based on service systems. Data-based models are especially welcome.
The topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Stochastic modeling and analysis of manufacturing systems
- Design and optimization of manufacturing systems
- Production planning, management, and control
- Stochastic scheduling and control systems
- Analytical approaches to logistics and supply chain management
- Maintenance, quality control and yield models
- Integrated productivity and quality models, and their analysis
- Intent to submit: May 31, 2020 (communicate your intent to submit to any of the special volume editors listed below)
- Manuscript submission deadline: September 30, 2020
- Notification of disposition of the manuscript: January 31, 2021
- Final revisions due: March 31, 2021
- Anticipated on-line publication date: Fall 2021
Special Issue Editors:
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
Leibniz University, Hanover, Germany
Koç University, Turkey
University of Thessaly, Greece
University of Cologne, Germany