Functional Analysis and Its Applications publishes current problems of functional analysis, including representation theory, theory of abstract and functional spaces, theory of operators, spectral theory, theory of operator equations, and the theory of normed rings. The journal also covers the most important applications of functional analysis in mathematics, mechanics, and theoretical physics.
Founded by I. M. Gel'fand in 1967, Functional Analysis and its Applications is a translation of the peer-reviewed Russian journal Funktsional'Nyi Analiz i Ego Prilozheniya, a publication of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Functional Analysis and Its Applications is a peer reviewed journal. We use a single blind peer review format. Our team of reviewers includes over 200 experts, both internal and external (93%). The average period from submission to first decision in 2018 was 14 days, and that from first decision to acceptance was 120 days. The rejection rate for submitted manuscripts in 2018 was 70%. The final decision on the acceptance of an article for publication is made by the Editorial Board.
Any invited reviewer who feels unqualified or unable to review the manuscript due to the conflict of interests should promptly notify the editors and decline the invitation. Reviewers should formulate their statements clearly in a sound and reasoned way so that authors can use reviewer’s arguments to improve the manuscript. Personal criticism of the authors must be avoided. Reviewers should indicate in a review (i) any relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors, (ii) anything that has been reported in previous publications and not given appropriate reference or citation, (ii) any substantial similarity or overlap with any other manuscript (published or unpublished) of which they have personal knowledge.
- A publication of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Funktsional'Nyi Analiz i Ego Prilozheniya.
- Contains articles devoted to current problems of functional analysis.
- Covers the most important applications of functional analysis in mathematics, mechanics, and theoretical physics.
- Victor A. Vassiliev
- Publishing model
- 0.487 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 0.487 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 12,902 (2019)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Mathematical Reviews
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)