Euphytica is an international journal covering the theoretical and applied aspects of plant breeding, and publishing critical reviews and papers on original research.
The journal reports on the growing field of research associated with the integration of modern and traditional plant breeding using transgenic crop plants and/or marker assisted breeding in combination with traditional breeding tools.
The content addresses the interests of researchers involved in plant breeding at universities, breeding institutes, seed industries, plant biotech companies and industries using plant raw materials, and promoting stability, adaptability and sustainability in agriculture and agro-industries.
The Editor-in-Chief of Euphytica is R.G.F. Visser, Laboratory of Plant Breeding, Wageningen University, The Netherlands.
Peer review is conducted using Editorial Manager®, supported by a database of international experts. This database is shared with two other journals: American Journal of Potato Research, and Potato Research.
5-Year Impact Factor: 1.680 (2018)
Journal Citation Reports®,Clarivate Analytics
- Covers theoretical and applied aspects of plant breeding
- Publishes critical reviews and papers on original research Addresses the interests of researchers in academic, research and business settings
- Editor-in-Chief: R.G.F. Visser, Laboratory of Plant Breeding, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Richard G. F. Visser
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.527 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.680 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 42 days
- Downloads: 318,834 (2018)