Ethical Theory and Moral Practice: An International Forum is a double-blind peer-reviewed philosophical journal which aims to publish the best work produced in all fields of ethics. It welcomes high quality submissions regardless of the tradition or school of thought from which they derive. As an editorial priority, however, presentations should be accessible to the philosophical community at large and as free as possible of any jargon and formal apparatus.
Ethical Theory and Moral Practice aims to publish work on (meta-)ethical theories that contributes to clarifying and solving practical moral problems, as well as work that makes empirical studies of moral practices and problems relevant for ethical theorizing. It is also interested in work that critically reflects on the plausibility and practicability of ethical theories in the light of insights from empirical sciences. The journal therefore seeks to promote cross-fertilisation between moral philosophy, theology, law, political theory, and more empirical disciplines, such as medicine, economics, sociology, and psychology.
- Presents the best work produced in all fields of ethics
- Promotes interdisciplinary cooperation between ethics, theology and empirical disciplines such as medicine, economics, sociology, psychology and law
- Offers theoretically relevant ‘practical’ ethics and practically relevant ‘theoretical’ ethics
- Thomas Schramme,
- Marcus Düwell
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 53 days
- Submission to first decision
- 188 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 202,651 (2019)
Call for Symposia and Special Issues
Symposia are a collection of 3-5 and Special Issues are a collection of 6-9 original papers, accompanied by an introduction by the guest editors.
Proposals have a maximum word count of 2.000 words and provide information about
the guest editor(s) the topic and rationale of the collection envisaged authors short abstracts of the planned contributions explanation of the importance of the topic the selection of authors and themes
Proposals for both kinds of collections can be submitted at any time. The editorial team will evaluate and select proposals twice a year starting on October 1 and April 1. Decisions about the acceptance of the proposals will be taken within 8 weeks after these deadlines. Please send proposals to the Editors-in-Chief Marcus Düwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Thomas Schramme (email@example.com).
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Ethical Theory and Moral Practice invites proposals for a special issue on topics interfacing contemporary ethics and Asian philosophies/comparative philosophy involving Asian traditions.
This dedicated issue forms part of the journal’s ongoing efforts to expand the repertoire of traditions, ideas and approaches typically considered in mainstream ethical philosophy, and to foster dialogue and engagement across cultures and methodologies.
Our journal, Ethical Theory and Moral Practice, has always been home to papers that discuss methodological concerns. This virtual special issue makes globally accessible numerous examples of such publications to the interested reader.
Please see the introduction by Thomas Schramme and the link to the articles under "Journal Updates" on this webpage
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- Published in cooperation with Societas Ethica, European Society for Research in Ethics
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Current Contents/Arts and Humanities
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Humanities Full Text
- EBSCO Humanities International
- EBSCO Humanities Source
- EBSCO Linguistics Abstracts Online
- EBSCO OmniFile
- ERIH PLUS
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Gale InfoTrac
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- ProQuest Philosophy Database
- ProQuest Religion Database
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Sociology
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon