Ethics and Information Technology is a peer-reviewed journal dedicated to advancing the dialogue between moral philosophy and the field of information and communication technology (ICT). The journal aims to foster and promote reflection and analysis which is intended to make a constructive contribution to answering the ethical, social and political questions associated with the adoption, use, and development of ICT.
Within the scope of the journal are also conceptual analysis and discussion of ethical ICT issues which arise in the context of technology assessment, cultural studies, public policy analysis and public administration, cognitive science, social and anthropological studies in technology, mass-communication, and legal studies. In addition, the journal features research that deals with the history of ideas and provides intellectual resources for moral and political reflection on ICT.
- Advances the dialogue between moral philosophy and the field of information and communication technology (ICT).
- Examines the ethical, social and political questions associated with the adoption, use, and development of ICT.
- Addresses issues that arise in the context of technology assessment, cultural studies, public policy analysis and public administration, cognitive science, social and anthropological studies in technology, mass-communication, and legal studies.
- M.J. van den Hoven
- Managing Editor
- Noëmi Manders-Huits
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.068 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.263 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 89 days
- Submission to first decision
- 343 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 258,837 (2019)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
We invite submissions for a Topical Collection of Ethics and Information Technology on COVID-19.
We welcome articles on how information technologies can help tackle the immediate health risks of the pandemic, how these technologies can safeguard human well-being, as well as rights and freedoms in a post-COVID world. Information technologies have a unique role to play in mitigating some of the worst effects of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, but they also introduce new ethical dilemmas. Many of these technologies could have long-term transformative effects for our society. Ethical refection and analysis is therefore indispensable. Ethics and Information Technology investigates the ethical challenges of information technologies, so contributions will be prioritised that relate these challenges to the COVID-19 crisis, especially those that help us to identify ways to move beyond dilemmatic choices and argue for responsible digital innovations.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- ACM Digital Library
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Current Contents/Arts and Humanities
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Communication
- EBSCO Computer Science Index
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- EI Compendex
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Art, Design and Architecture Collection
- ProQuest Arts & Humanities Database
- ProQuest Arts Premium Collection
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest LISA (Library and Information Sciences Abstracts)
- ProQuest Library Science Database
- ProQuest Philosophy Database
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- UGC-CARE List (India)