European Journal of Epidemiology, published for the first time in 1985, serves as a forum on epidemiology in the broadest sense. It is a peer-reviewed journal dedicated to all fields of epidemiologic research and to epidemiologic and statistical methods.
EJE promotes communication among those engaged in research, teaching and application of epidemiology, including those who practice clinical or community medicine. The Journal encourages contributions from a wide variety of fields, including public health, preventive medicine, clinical medicine, health economics, and computational biology and data science applied to health and disease.
EJE publishes empirical research findings, methodological developments and opinion articles from as broad a geographical origin as possible, with some focus, but certainly not exclusive, on European topics of relevance for epidemiology.
- Offers a multidisciplinary forum on epidemiology
- Presents original and review articles, brief reports and letters
- Useful to policy makers, clinicians and educators in epidemiology
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Albert Hofman
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 6.529 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 7.061 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 29 days
- Downloads: 400,959 (2018)