Call for Papers: Special Issue on Information Technology Education
- Yong Zheng, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA; email@example.com (Lead Guest Editor)
- Marc Dupuis, University of Washington Bothell, USA; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Liut, University of Toronto Mississauga, Canada; email@example.com
- Chi Zhang, Kennesaw State University, USA; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Per Lauvås, Kristiania University College, Norway; Per.Lauvas@kristiania.no
Information technology (IT), computer science (CS) and information systems (IS) are three popular academic programs in the worldwide universities. CS is the study of design and properties of algorithms, and their linguistic and mechanical realization, while IT focuses on meeting the needs of users in an organizational and societal context through the selection, creation, application, integration and administration of computing technologies, according to the definitions by ACM Special Interest Group on Information Technology Education (SIGITE), https://www.sigite.org/?page_id=22
This special issue is edited by the organization and program committee team of ACM SIGITE 2022 conference which is a dedicated forum for discussions on “Information Technology Education” among educators, developers, researchers in IT education. We welcome any submissions related to IT education, such as research articles, experience reports, curricular initiative, and so forth. More specifically, the topics include but not limited to:
- pedagogies for enhancing learning in IT education
- educational data mining/AI
- innovative use of technologies in IT education for teaching/learning
- approaches to peer learning and novel educational methods
- social and global challenges in IT education
- broadening participation by considering diversity, fairness, accountability, transparency
- developing, implementing, or evaluating computing programs, curricula, and courses
- experience reports describing a classroom innovation and an assessment of its impact
- software reports describing tools developed for learning or assessment
We have two tracks in this special issue:
Track 1: Invited Submission
The authors of full papers accepted at ACM SIGITE 2022 conference were invited to submit their extended work to this special issue. A list of special notes for these paper expansion can be found as follows:
- Authors should follow the submission guidelines by the Journal, https://www.springer.com/journal/10639/submission-guidelines
- The topics in the paper should be related to IT education. Submissions with information technologies only may receive a desk reject, if it is not relevant to education.
- Authors should change the paper title, and pay attention to the re-use of materials in the accepted conference paper to avoid self-plagiarism (e.g., texts in paper should be rewritten). The text similarity between the accepted conference paper and the extended submission should be low to avoid self-plagiarism.
- Authors should provide at least 30% extensions in the submission to this special issue
- Authors should provide a cover letter where the authors should clearly mention the title of the accepted conference paper, and provide point-to-point justifications to explain their expansions (at least 30%)
- Please choose "ACM SIGITE 2022-invite only" upon submission.
Track 2: Open Call
We plan to accept up to 20 submissions in this special issue. In addition to the invited submissions, we do have limited slots as open calls. We welcome any submissions which related to the relevant topics in this special issue, as mentioned previously. Due to limited slots in this special issue, your special issue your paper may be transferred to the regular queue of the journal for consideration if not considered for the special issue.
- Please choose SI: Information Technology Education upon submission.
- Submission system opens: 15 October 2022
- Submission deadline: 15 December 2022
From initial submission to final acceptance, there will be at least two rounds of reviewing or evaluations. Each round is estimated to be 2 months. We expect this special issue to be released or published in the Journal by Sep, 2023.
Papers should be prepared by following the instructions for authors of the journal at http://www.springer.com/10639, and the authors should submit their manuscript based on the following steps:
1. Submit manuscript on the submission website of Education and Information Technologies, https://www.editorialmanager.com/eait/default1.aspx
2. In the ‘Additional Information’ section, answer ‘Yes’ to the question ‘Does this manuscript belong to a special issue?’
3. Select “Information Technology Education”, and pay attention to the track you selected. We have two tracks – Track 1: ACM SIGITE 2022- invite only and Track 2: Information Technology Education
The review process will be done by following the standard review process of this journal. After this, guest editors will make their initial decision and the editor-in-chief will send the final decision.
Authors are encouraged to submit high-quality, original work that has neither appeared in, nor is under consideration by other journals.
All papers will be reviewed following standard reviewing procedures for the Journal.
Papers must be prepared in accordance with the Journal guidelines: www.springer.com/10639
Other links include:
For authorsSubmit manuscript
Working on a manuscript?
Avoid the most common mistakes and prepare your manuscript for journal editors.Learn more