The focus of this journal is on general theories and methodologies of discrete event dynamic systems (DEDS) and their applications, as well as on practical problems from which some generally applicable theories or methodologies can be formulated. The scope of the journal is defined by its emphasis on the modeling of discrete events by dynamic systems, and on problems of their control and optimization. All papers are peer-reviewed.
J-DEDS covers all aspects of DEDS, including: theory and formal models (supervisory control and diagnosis, Petri nets, Min-Max-plus algebras, DEDS specification, or simulation formalisms), performance analysis, optimization, event-based control and optimal control (perturbation analysis, control synthesis, sample-path-based approaches, AI-based learning schemes, scalable solutions to large and complex systems), and applications (case studies and software engineering). J-DEDS also covers the interface of DEDS with hybrid systems and cyber-physical systems.
- Publishes high-quality, peer-reviewed papers on the modeling and control of discrete event dynamical systems (DEDS).
- Presents general theories and methodologies of DEDSs and their applications.
- Discusses practical problems from which some generally applicable DEDS theories or methodologies can be formulated.
- Stéphane Lafortune
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 0.932 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.088 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 119 days
- Submission to first decision
- 363 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 17,589 (2019)
Intermittent fault diagnosability of discrete event systems: an overview of automaton-based approaches
Discrete Event Dynamic Systems: Theory and Applications
Topical Collection on Smart Cities
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ACM Digital Library
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Mathematical Reviews
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)