* Submit your articles online!
Electronic submission to this journal is now possible. Articles can be considered for publication in Critical Criminology by clicking on the 'Submit online' link on the right hand side of this page.
The journal Critical Criminology explores social, political and economic justice from alternative perspectives, including anarchistic, cultural, feminist, integrative, Marxist, peace-making, postmodernist and left-realist criminology. Rather than limit the scope of its coverage to state definitions of crime, Critical Criminology focuses on issues of social harm and social justice, including work exploring the intersecting lines of class, gender, race/ethnicity and heterosexism. The journal will benefit professionals interested in alternative methodologies and theories, including chaos theory, non-linear analysis, and complex systems science as it pertains to the study of crime and criminal justice. The journal offers works that focus on creative and cooperative solutions to justice problems, plus strategies for the construction of a more inclusive society.
Critical Criminology is the official journal of the Division of Critical Criminology of the American Society of Criminology (ASC) and the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences Section on Critical Criminology (ACJS).
- Offers alternative perspectives on social, political and economic justice
- Explores the intersection of class, gender, race/ethnicity and heterosexism
- Seeks creative and cooperative solutions to justice problems
- Discusses strategies for construction of a more inclusive society
- Official journal of the Division of Critical Criminology of the American Society of Criminology (ASC)
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.149 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.087 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 60 days
- Submission to first decision
- 370 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 171,870 (2020)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Read recently published open access articles in Critical Criminology.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Criminal Justice Abstracts
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO SocINDEX
- EBSCO Sociology Source Ultimate
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Canadian Business and Current Affairs (CBCA)
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Criminal Justice
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)