This journal publishes research on the analysis and development of computational algorithms and modeling technology for optimization. It examines algorithms either for general classes of optimization problems or for more specific applied problems, stochastic algorithms as well as deterministic algorithms.
Computational Optimization and Applications covers a wide range of topics in optimization, including: large scale optimization, unconstrained optimization, constrained optimization, nondifferentiable optimization, combinatorial optimization, stochastic optimization, multiobjective optimization, and network optimization. It also covers linear programming, complexity theory, automatic differentiation, approximations and error analysis, parametric programming and sensitivity analysis, management science, and more.
This peer-reviewed journal features both research and tutorial papers that provide theoretical analysis, along with carefully designed computational experiments.
Officially cited as: Comput Optim Appl
- Publishes research on the analysis and development of computational algorithms and modeling technology for optimization.
- Examines algorithms either for general classes of optimization problems or for more specific applied problems, stochastic algorithms as well as deterministic algorithms.
- Covers a wide range of topics in optimization.
- William W. Hager
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.743 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.867 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 48 days
- Submission to first decision
- 390 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 89,727 (2019)
Consistent treatment of incompletely converged iterative linear solvers in reverse-mode algorithmic differentiation
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times.
Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Learn more about upcoming Special Issue on Optimal Control of Nonlinear Differential Equations.
Read recently published open access articles from Computational Optimization and Applications.
Each year the Editorial Board of Computational Optimization and Applications selects a paper from the preceding year’s publications for the Best Paper Award.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- ACM Digital Library
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Business Source
- EBSCO Computer Science Index
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Mathematical Reviews
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Computer Science
- ProQuest Computer and Information Systems Abstracts
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- UGC-CARE List (India)