Child and Adolescent Social Work Journal (CASW) has now been accepted to the SSCI!
The journal features original articles that focus on social work practice with children, adolescents, and their families. The journal addresses current issues in the field of social work drawn from theory, direct practice, research, and social policy.
The range of topics includes problems affecting a variety of specific populations in special settings. CASW welcomes a range of scholarly contributions focused on youth, including theoretical papers, narrative case studies, historical analyses, traditional reviews of the literature, descriptive studies, single-system research designs, correlational investigations, methodological works, pre-experimental, quasi-experimental and experimental evaluations, meta-analyses and systematic reviews. Appropriate fields of practice include interpersonal practice, small groups, families, organizations, communities, policy practice, nationally-oriented work, and international studies.
Manuscripts involving qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods are welcome to be submitted, as are papers grounded in one or more theoretical orientations, or those that are not based on any formal theory.
SCImago Journal and Country Rank (SJR) 2019: 0.588
17 out of 57 on the Social Work list
135 out of 588 on the Social Sciences (miscellaneous) list
SJR is a measure of the journal's relative impact in its field, based on its number of citations and number of articles per publication year.
Source Normalised Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2019: 1.057
The SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field. The impact of a single citation is given higher value in subject areas where citations are less likely, and vice versa.
CiteScore 2019: 2.1
- Focuses on social work practice with children, adolescents, and their families
- Addresses current issues drawn from theory, direct practice, research, and social policy
- Examines problems affecting specific populations in special settings
- Lisa Schelbe,
- Bruce A Thyer
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.156 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 56 days
- Submission to first decision
- 135 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 213,434 (2020)
Flourishing in Palestinian Israeli and Jewish Israeli Adolescents: The Role of Positive/Negative Affect and Family/Peer Support or Undermining
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
A Quasi-Experimental Study of Intensive Alternative Family Treatment to Prevent Entry of Youth to Psychiatric Residential Treatment
This special issue will be devoted to understanding caregiving/foster parenting and child outcomes in kinship/relative and non-relative foster families, particularly those who are formally involved in the foster care system.
Guest Editors: Dr. Morgan Cooley, Dr. Judy Krysik
Submission Deadlines: Manuscript due to guest editors by October 1, 2021. Authors notified of acceptance by December 1, 2021. Final manuscript drafts due by January 6, 2022.
The Child and Adolescent Social Work Journal invites submissions for a special issue devoted to research on expectant and parenting youth in foster care. This special issue will feature empirical articles that address the predictors, experiences, context, and outcomes of early pregnancy and parenthood among young people who have spent time in foster care.
Guest Editors: Claudette Grinnell-Davis, Bryn King, Svetlana Shpiegel, Rhoda Smith
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2021
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Child Development & Adolescent Studies
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- EBSCO Family & Society Studies Worldwide
- EBSCO Military Transition Support Center
- EBSCO OmniFile
- EBSCO SocINDEX
- EBSCO Social Sciences Abstracts
- EBSCO Sociological Collection
- EBSCO Sociology Source Ultimate
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts (ASSIA)
- ProQuest British Nursing Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Education Database
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Professional Education
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest Public Health Database
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Sociology
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)