Breast Cancer Research and Treatment provides the surgeon, radiotherapist, medical oncologist, endocrinologist, epidemiologist, immunologist or cell biologist investigating problems in breast cancer a single forum for communication. The journal creates a "market place" for breast cancer topics which cuts across all the usual lines of disciplines, providing a site for presenting pertinent investigations, and for discussing critical questions relevant to the entire field. It seeks to develop a new focus and new perspectives for all those concerned with breast cancer.
Oncology is undoubtedly the most rapidly growing subspecialty in the field of medicine, and breast cancer is one of the most serious problems of oncology. It is the leading cause of death of women in many countries, and is truly a multidisciplinary problem without geographic restrictions. Yet this very multidisciplinary aspect accounts for breast cancer literature appearing in any of the dozens of existing medical journals. None of these journals provides a focus on the unique problems of breast cancer. There has been no convenient arena for the discussion and resolution of ongoing controversies in breast cancer treatment, or for the consideration of thoughtful speculation and comments on current work. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment aims to fill this need.
Each issue contains several articles dealing with original laboratory investigations and articles dealing with clinical studies. There are sections devoted to review articles, pro and con discussions of controversial subjects, meeting reports, and editorials. The panel discussions encourage experts to consider important topics.There is a section for letters to the editor, which provides for a lively exchange of opinions on previously published articles or other topics of interest. There is also an opportunity to publish the proceedings of special workshops, symposia, etc., devoted to breast cancer. All man uscripts are peer reviewed by a distinguished group of advisory editors from many countries covering all of the various disciplines of breast cancer.
Why publish with us
- For more than 35 years, our journal has been a reliable resource for a wide audience of clinical researchers, epidemiologists, immunologists, and cell biologists interested in breast cancer.
- With 800K+ article downloads each year, the journal provides a high visibility platform for your research.
- We create a "market place" for breast cancer topics, with international editorial board from world-class centres determining the best articles from authors worldwide.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 93% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- William J. Gradishar
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 4.872 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 4.698 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 43 days
- Submission to first decision
- 99 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 915,901 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Immune cell profiles of metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer patients according to the sites of metastasis
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Discover the range of academic oncology titles at Springer Nature here.
Recommendations for prioritization, treatment, and triage of breast cancer patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. the COVID-19 pandemic breast cancer consortium
Read the Open Access article to stay up to date on COVID-19 research.
The journal is pleased to announce Dr. Bill Gradishar has been named the new Editor-in-Chief of Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, effective January 1, 2020.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Gender Studies Database
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)