Biology & Philosophy aims to publish the best original work in philosophy of biology, broadly understood to span conceptual, theoretical, and methodological issues in the biological sciences. It is aimed at a broad readership across the sciences and humanities, and welcomes submissions from authors in these disciplines.
Most of the articles we publish are standard research articles of 10,000 words or fewer. Occasionally, Biology & Philosophy will publish target articles (along with commentaries), review essays, and area reviews. We will also consider publishing special issues. If you are interested in contributing any format beyond a standard research article, please contact the Editor-in-Chief.
- Answers the need for meta-theoretical analysis, of the very nature of biology, as well as of its social implications
- Subscribes to no specific school of biology, nor of philosophy
- Publishes work from authors of all persuasions and disciplines
- Each issue carries one or more discussions or comparative reviews
- Michael Weisberg
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 1.593 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.496 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 49 days
- Submission to first decision
- 100,715 (2018)