Biodiversity and Conservation is an international journal that publishes articles on all aspects of biological diversity-its description, analysis and conservation, and its controlled rational use by humankind. The scope of Biodiversity and Conservation is wide and multidisciplinary, and embraces all life-forms.
The journal presents research papers, as well as editorials, comments and research notes on biodiversity and conservation, and contributions dealing with the practicalities of conservation management, economic, social and political issues. The journal provides a forum for examining conflicts between sustainable development and human dependence on biodiversity in agriculture, environmental management and biotechnology, and encourages contributions from developing countries to promote broad global perspectives on matters of biodiversity and conservation.
- Devoted to the publication of articles on all aspects of biological diversity
- International in scope and coverage
- Editor-in-Chief: David L. Hawksworth, Departamento de Biologia Vegetal II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- The Editors encourage contributors from developing countries in order to realize diverse global perspectives
- 94% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- David Hawksworth
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 3.142 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 3.295 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 47 days
- Downloads: 494,965 (2018)