The world's leading rapid-publication primary journal focused on actual or potential applications of biological reactions affected by microbial, plant or animal cells and biocatalysts derived from them. Coverage includes all relevant aspects of genetics and cell biochemistry, of process and reactor design, of pre- and post-treatment procedures, and of manufacturing or service operations. The aim of the editors is to publish useful and informative results that will be of value to other workers in related fields. The emphasis is on novelty and immediacy.
Biotechnology Letters welcomes submission of review articles on any aspect of biotechnology. Authors intending to submit such a review should contact the Reviews Editor beforehand to ensure its suitability for inclusion. Reviews will be peer-reviewed in the normal manner.
General Details on the Submission and Publication Procedures:
- No Page Charges
- No Fees for Online and Print Color Images
- Optional Open Access Publication Fee (APC) – USD 3000,- / Euro 2200,-
- A leading rapid-publication primary journal dedicated to biotechnology as a whole
- Covers genetics and cell biochemistry, process and reactor design, pre- and post-treatment procedures, and manufacturing operations
- Explores applications of biological reactions affected by microbial, plant or animal cells and biocatalysts derived from them
- Karen Coopman,
- Kristiina Hilden,
- Roger Marchant,
- Mark Smales,
- Robert Verpoorte,
- Vesna Zechner-Krpan
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 2.154 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.027 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 13 days
- Submission to first decision
- 347,324 (2018)